It seems I have made some PTA parents angry. My previous post suggesting ‘Big Food’ uses our children as pawns didn’t sit well. First, let me say, my comments were not directed at the schools, PTA fundraisers or those that work tirelessly to help our schools. I honestly thank you for your dedication.
I am known for being blunt and to the point. That makes people uncomfortable, as if they are personally being attacked. As a result, a few people have ‘un-friended’ me, they don’t want to hear it. If you are angry at me, remember, I am merely the messenger, direct your anger where it belongs.
I hope my opinions make you uncomfortable enough to do your own research and decide what is best for you and your family. Knowledge is power!
I certainly don’t have all the answers, in fact I have more questions than answers.
The more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know enough.
Here are some things I do know.
- Autism is on the rise. As of 2010 1 in 68 children have been diagnosed with ASD. Up from 1 in 150 in the year 2000 . CDC/ Data
- 1 in 3 woman will be diagnosed with cancer in their life time.
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their life time.
- 1 in 20 children have a life threatening food allergy.
- The food my parents ate and fed me as a child, is not the same food we are eating today.
- GMOs were introduced into our food supply in the mid 1990’s. Today, GMO ingredients can be found in at least 80% of all processed food in the USA.
- GMOs are banned or restricted in over 60 countries. In the USA, they are not even labeled.
Then there are the questions. Why?
- Why did my 34 year old niece, Katherine die of colon cancer? She left us last year, leaving behind her two young children, six months after being diagnosed. Katherine’s Story
- Why did my friends son, an otherwise healthy 40 year old man develop colon cancer?
- Why did 4 year old Ava develop a brain tumor? (Ava’s Story.)
- Why did 17 year old Vinnie develop Non Hodgkins Lymphoma?
- Why was ‘Big Food’ able to introduce GMOs without proper testing or our knowledge?
These are not isolated cases, they are no longer rare and they are not isolated to one race, age or gender.
Yes, I am vocal. If that makes you uncomfortable, that is OK. Cancer, ADD, ADHA, Auto-immune diseases, and Autism are uncomfortable, too.
We should all be more than uncomfortable with what is happening to our food supply and environment.
We should all question what is happening. If we don’t seek answers and speak with our $$$ then we and our children will continue to be used as the lab rats for Big Ag.
I suggest you do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
*The opinions stated above are my own and do not reflect the opinions of anyone other than myself. I have not received any form of compensation in connection with this article.