Here are some suggested sites that I recommend to offer trustworthy advice. Everyday thousands of people ask ‘food safety’ questions and rather than offer “my advice” I would rather link you to a trusted source. Maybe you just need a tried and true method or technique, you can find them here too.
Food storage & safety:
- Have you ever wondered how long different products last? There is the old saying, “If in doubt, throw it out!” But before you toss it check with Still Tasty.
Canning and Preserving:
- The National Center for Home Canning and Preserving
- Home Canning and Botulism – CDC
- All American Pressure canners
- How to cook Lobster – Lobster Tails 101
Temperature and Time Chart:
- Let’s Talk Turkey – The USDA site for safe thawing, cooking times and temperatures.
Weight to cup conversion guides & pan size conversions:
- King Arthur Flour – Master weight chart
- Online Conversion Calculator Weight / Volume
- Pan Size Conversion chart – Farmer’s Almanac
Trusted Recipe Websites:
- AllRecipes.com As a brand ambassador for Allrecipes.com I would be remiss in not mentioning them first. I have learned so much from the AllRecipes community, found some amazing recipes and learned a great deal from their library of videos. Check out Chef John’s videos on Allrecipes for a learning experience along with a good laugh. I wish there were a better way to search his videos – hint – hint AR – but scroll through them and you will find some gems!
- MelindaLee.com Melinda Lee has been on the radio here in Southern California for years and although she has changed stations a few times, I have followed her. In fact, I have listened to her for so long that I often know the answer to the questions before she speaks! I have learned a great deal from Melinda and she always takes the time to thoroughly explain every detail. She has just launched a new magazine, Whisk!
If you are looking for other sources or would like to recommend a source, just let me know – I probably have them available and will add them as suggested.